Frequently Asked Questions - Alberta: Commercial
Please refer to our Alberta quick reference guide for help with the
- e-Bill - Information about how to access your Hudson Energy e-Bill as well as where you will find pertinent information such as your monthly consumption and regulatory charges on your e-Bill.
- Available payment options – Learn about the convenient payment options available to our customers.
- Online reporting options - At www.myhudson.net there are many reports available to help you become more familiar with your energy consumption profile. Hudson Energy account managers will be able to walk you through using the portal so you are able to take advantage of this online tool.
Who bills me for my electricity and/or natural gas supply?
Hudson Energy will bill you for your electricity and/or natural gas supply. You will receive email notification from Hudson Energy just after your e-Bill is ready. Simply follow the link provided in the email to log in and retrieve your e-Bill; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Where will I see Hudson Energy contact information on my e-Bill?
Hudson Energy’s name and phone number will be displayed on the first page of your e-Bill along the left hand side.
Why does Hudson Energy provide businesses e-Billing?
e-Bill is simple, convenient and the right thing to do for the environment. e-Bill offers you not only the convenience of viewing your bill online, but also provides you with the ability to:
- Receive complete detailed billing via email
- Access your bill 24/7 and maintain an electronic version for your records
- Reduce paper clutter. Stop shredding bills to protect your company’s information
- Save paper and help the environment
What payment options will I have available with Hudson Energy?
- Credit Card payment by Telephone: Simply call 1-855-552-5551 and an account manager will be happy to assist you. Please have your account number and Site ID’s available.
- Cheque: Please mail this to the P.O. Box address shown on the payment coupon of your bill. Please include your Hudson Energy Account Number and Site ID’s to ensure your payment gets posted to the correct account.
- Pre-authorized debit (PAD): This will be automatically transferred to Hudson upon assignment of your contract.
- Online Banking: This is still a new option with Hudson Energy so your bank might not have the ability yet. Don’t worry, it will soon.
Will my Account Number remain the same?
No. A new account number will be assigned to you by Hudson Energy. Please take note of your new account number which will be located on your e-Bill.
Will anything else about my billing change?
Yes, we have great news for you. Hudson Energy bills your business based on monthly settlement data versus meter reads. This has several advantages for your business:
- Since meters can sometimes be difficult to access, both the timing of your bill and the amount due can frequently be inconsistent. For example, you could sometimes receive a bill for 3 months of usage, which makes budgeting for your energy expenditures a challenge. With Hudson Energy, we ensure that you receive 1 Bill every month that is based on settlement data. This makes it easier for your business to plan and manage its monthly expenses.
- Based on the new billing methodology of using settlements, you will have greater visibility on how your bills are calculated. This allows for greater transparency and understanding of your energy consumption.
As a commercial customer, why will I be better off with Hudson Energy versus the utility?
Budget: It’s no secret that energy prices are volatile. They rise and fall based on a variety of factors (supply and demand, weather, etc.) that you cannot control. A fixed energy contract allows for simpler budgeting and price predictability for your business. Hudson Energy is dedicated to providing businesses with simple solutions guaranteed to help control energy costs. As a Hudson Energy customer you will benefit from competitive pricing, hedging options, green options, flexible terms, blending options and excellent customer service.
Service: When you enroll with Hudson Energy, you are assigned a dedicated account manager who you can email or call directly anytime you need them. You don’t have deal with a large residential call centre with hundreds of customer service reps, and get transferred around until you find the person who can assist you. Hudson Commercial Client Services will go above and beyond to make you a happy customer. They are very well informed of current market conditions and can offer good advice on what product works best for your business.
Will I receive reliable electricity and/or gas service if I switch to Hudson Energy?
Yes because your transition to Hudson Energy is seamless! Your
regulated transmission and distribution company continues to deliver the power
to your home and/or business and maintain the poles and wires, regardless of
what energy provider you select.
What do I do if I have an emergency or lose power?
Contact your utility. You will find their contact information on the e-Bill you receive. The regulated transmission and distribution company is obligated by law to respond to your emergency.