Take Back Your Control!
Extreme weather drives heating and cooling needs.
Everyone warming or cooling their place of business at the same time, increases the peak demand for energy needs. Widespread demand puts stress on the electricity grid, and threatens the reliability of the grid. Inclement weather events can cause your peak demand costs to increase.
Hudson Energy is inviting customers to voluntarily participate in reducing their peak demand by curtailing load during extreme weather conditions. Customers pay a rate based on their proportion of energy use during the established coincidental peak. Reducing consumption during peak hours will help you achieve signiﬁcant savings.
Be Part of the Solution
- Adjust operations from peak hours to oﬀ-peak hours
- Increase / Decrease thermostats temp by 3 degrees, speciﬁcally during peak hours
- Dim or turn oﬀ unnecessary lighting and hardware (PCs, copiers)
- Planning best practices ahead of time
Planning Ahead with Notiﬁcations
We are here to help you plan ahead for potential peak usage events. The ﬁrst notiﬁcation will take place a week in advance, notifying you of a potential event in the coming days. This alert is intended to give you the best opportunity to adjust your business needs for curtailing your load.
You will receive one of the following:
- Week Ahead Notiﬁcation – Weekly alert with the likelihood of a peak event for the following week
- Day Ahead Notiﬁcation – Daily alert with a four hour peak usage window, only if the likelihood of a peak event is signiﬁcant
- Day of Conﬁrmation – Daily alert notifying you once the event is canceled or rescheduled
Peak Usage Alerts available for Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas customers.